POSITION: Sales Executive
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing & Events / General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full Time
SMG is the world’s largest public facility management company, operating 230 facilities worldwide in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Europe, and the U.K. Through its network of full and part-time employees, SMG provides operational services to convention centers, arenas, stadiums and performing arts theaters. In addition, our SAVOUR division provides catering and concessions services in many of the facilities we manage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Compensation is a combination of salary and commission.
- Responsible for selling all Leon’s Centre controlled partnership inventory including onsite sponsorship assets (permanent and temporary signage), premium seating (suites and club seats), and digital promotions (online tickets, website partnerships) in collaboration with reporting managers and the Kingston Frontenacs
- Aggressively prospect local and regional companies to secure new revenue investments
- Secure meetings with prospective clients that result in comprehensive needs analyses to gain further understanding of the prospects’ goal and objectives in order to develop meaningful proposals
- Tour clients through the venue and create dynamic presentations resulting in sales
- Work in-house to administer and fully execute contractual agreements for all clients including new business and renewal opportunities in consultation with reporting managers
- Responsible for the financial collections for each respective account sold in coordination with Finance department
- Responsible for timely and thorough fulfillment of all sponsorship items in client packages
- Regularly update and reconcile Kingston Frontenacs advertising sales to maintain accurate inventory status for onsite sponsorship opportunities
- Maintain and report weekly sales/prospecting activity
- Assist with the creation and development of sales collateral and other technology-related materials in collaboration with the Marketing department
- Attend meetings, outside events and participate in hospitality related events and associations to represent the facility and network for client development
- Provide customer service to clients at events
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive sales experience.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the sports, entertainment and hospitality sectors
Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, organized and the ability to maintain a professional appearance
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targeted sales goals
- Effective time management; the ability to prioritize tasks when given, handle multiple tasks at one time and ensure completion of projects
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and function both independently and as a team member
- High energy and passion for what you are selling
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to create effective sales packs for presentation to potential clients
- Flexible schedule with the ability work nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to work all of Leon’s Centre events.
- Ability to physically move around the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submissions must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Deadline to submit a resume and cover letter is May 27th, 2019
No phone calls, please.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.